Monday, August 13, 2012

Dammit, I Miss The Olympics Already



For the past few days, I've been sort of done with the Olympics. I was pumped to see USA basketball win gold, but other than that, I thought it was enough already. Two weeks seems a lot longer when the Olympics are going on. How much handball, water polo, rhythmic gymnastics, terrible boxing, and judo can I be expected to watch? For Christ's sake, some of these sports don't even have Americans participating. By day 13 of the Olympics, I was just about finished.


And now today, I have this feeling of immediate nostalgia for the Olympics. I miss hating on the faux pageantry. I miss watching these anchors stumble their way through the telecasts on MSNBC. I miss the fact that a relatively meaningful sporting event was on any time you flipped on the TV. I miss Costas's glasses wherever the hell those came from (Did anyone else notice those? What the hell?). I miss McKayla Maroney not being impressed even though that GD vault in the team gymnastics was one of the most impressive things I've ever seen. I don't miss Pau Gasol being the biggest crybaby in literally the entire world, and unfortunately he plays in the NBA so I have to deal with him all GD year what an awful thing it's the worst I hate it and now he has Dwight Howard on his team Jesus the last thing that guy needs is a championship what the hell not to mention Kobe I also won't miss rooting for Kobe thank God that's finally over Jiminy Christmas that was excruciating. Uhhhhhhh in any event, I miss seeing Kate Middleton being adorable and just so classy all over the place. I miss Ryan Lochte's dumb guy voice. I miss Abby Wambach, who is an absolute treasure, and I love her like a sister. I just miss it already, which I totally didn't expect.

The winter Olympics are a year and a half away in Sochi, Russia, which is totally a place I've heard of. But the winter Olympics don't hold a candle to the summer games. But the next summer Olympiad isn't coming until the end of Obama's second term or Romney's first (which is SOOOOOOOOOO weird). It was a great run, Olympics. If you're a fan of sports/a hater/both (like me), you know you already miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment