Thursday, August 23, 2012

DVR and the NFL

http://www.sportsgeekery.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/cbs2.jpg


It's a time of significant change for the writers on your favorite blog. Sean just started law school at NYU, I'm starting a new job soon, and Jon grew (PSYCH). Another huge change for me is this: I'm now going to be working on Sundays. 2pm-9pm. That means I will not be able to watch a live football game all GD year. What. A. Development.

As a result, I'm forced to get DVR service and watch the games after they've already happened, determined not to have the result of every Patriots game RUINED before I get to see it. I'm trying to look on the bright side, though. I won't have to watch any stupid commercials, I won't have to wait for halftime to end, and I can pause and rewind to my heart's content. There are benefits to this arrangement.


But let's be honest. The ritual of plopping on the couch and watching football  with your top dudes every Sunday afternoon and evening for five months is as American as plopping on the couch and watching TV every Sunday afternoon and evening for the other seven months. I'm going to miss it quite a bit. Sundays are for football.

So ahead of our NFL season mega-preview, I'd like everyone to take a moment to feel incredibly bad for me. Coming soon are our over-unders for each team's wins, preseason playoff picks, and maybe a few wild cards thrown in there. You'll enjoy it -- by default -- more than I'll enjoy a live NFL game all year. Wah-mbulance.

4 comments:

  1. Low blow, asshole.

    Also, I'm sure the Pats will have some night games and at least one Monday night game (I haven't checked but it's gotta be the case). Maybe even a Thursday night game, too. Calm the FUCK down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's rough buddy, why would you ever agree to something like that? but as bad as this is, at least you're still literally four feet taller than jon

    ReplyDelete