Monday, April 29, 2013

Top Ten Teams For Jason Collins To Sign With Now That He's Openly Gay

"I'm a 34-year-old NBA center. I'm black. And I'm gay."

Lost amid the ESPN fervor about the Jets releasing Tim Tebow, Jason Collins came out in Sports Illustrated today. (Seriously, as I'm writing this, Tebow leads the ESPN news section. Collins is 2nd.) Don't read about it on our blog. Just go read it.

It's a powerful essay, chronicling his gradual decision to come out, first to friends and family and now publicly. It's also a big deal, despite the efforts of some to downplay its significance. I don't need to get into why.

Collins is a free agent this offseason, working hard to play his 13th year in the NBA, and one wonders how this revelation will affect his ability to get another job. With that said, after the jump, here are the top ten locations for Jason Collins to play now that he's out of the closet.

10. Wherever he's the best fit for the team's personnel because his sexual orientation doesn't matter.

I forgot to do numbers 9-1.

No comments:

Post a Comment